- 152 Students
- 52 Teachers
- 1:3 Teacher-student ratio
- 50 Of our faculty members are Wilson Reading System® Level I Certified
- 4 Wilson® partner trainers on staff
- 21 Of our faculty members are Wilson Reading System® Level and Level II Trained
- 5 Of our faculty members are Wilson Reading System® Level II Certified
- 1978 Churchill's founding year
Our Accreditations Include:
- The Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
- Wilson® Accredited Partner
- International Dyslexia Association*
We are members of:
- The Learning Disabilities Association of America
- The National Association for Independent Schools
- The National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- The International Dyslexia Association
- The Independent Schools of St. Louis
Our research-validated curriculum includes:
- INDIVIDUAL TUTORIAL
Every day, students have a 50-minute, one-on-one class with their teacher to work through assignments and strategies for success.
- AUDITORY VISUAL (AV)
To help students become better readers and writers, AV teachers focus on auditory and visual skills such as note taking and studying.
- SOCIAL STUDIES & SCIENCE
Students learn how to effectively use a textbook, take notes, and complete research projects.
From developing problem-solving skills to learning how to utilize resource materials, students gain the skills to succeed in mathematics.
- LANGUAGE ARTS
We equip students with strategies to become more capable writers, preparing them for success in high school, college, and beyond.
Our highly-skilled teachers are recognized leaders in their field, both locally and nationally.
- Churchill incorporates as a not-for-profit school1977
- Churchill begins holding summer sessions1978
- Board of Trustees votes to open a year-round school, continuing the summer sessions and adding a nine-month program September through May1980
- After operating in a leased space for four years, the school moves to its own building in Ladue, Missouri1984
- Churchill implements its Community Outreach Program to address the lack of knowledge about learning disabilities in the community1990
- Churchill School becomes Churchill Center & School2004
- Churchill moves to its current location in Town & Country, Missouri2007
- Churchill becomes a Wilson® partner school2012
Churchill Success Stories
Hear from students, alumni, families, teachers, faculty, and learning disability experts about how Churchill changes lives for the better.