Churchill Center & School has helped thousands of students gain the skills and confidence to thrive in the classroom and beyond. While we are proud of this success, we know there are children and families in underserved communities needing the resources and curriculum our proven program provides, specifically in the areas of developing foundational skills in phonics, spelling and handwriting.
THE FOREVER GRATEFUL ENDOWMENT CAMPAIGN MEANS A BRIGHTER FUTURE FOR MORE STUDENTS!
After 42 years of visionary and dynamic leadership, Founding Director Sandra Gilligan will retire at the end of the 2019-2020 school year. Sandi has led every phase of the school’s evolution since it begin in 1978 with her compassion, inspiration and unwavering dedication to our core values, shaping all aspects of Churchill’s individualized and impactful culture. Our school’s growth and success are a testament to Sandi’s lifelong dedication to delivering the best instruction possible to children with learning disabilities, helping them reach their full potential.
The Forever Grateful Endowment Campaign is a steadfast tribute to Sandi’s legacy and commitment of reaching as many children with learning disabilities as possible to help them succeed and become advocates for their future.
SANDRA K. GILLIGAN SCHOOL PARTNERSHIPS & COMMUNITY OUTREACH PROGRAM
BUILDING A LEGACY OF OUTREACH
Early in her tenure, Sandi Gilligan realized there was a rising need in the community for better understanding of learning disabilities. She felt Churchill had an obligation to share its knowledge and experience with educators and the community beyond the walls of our school building.
In 1990, with the support of an anonymous donor, she created the Community Outreach Program with the mission of fostering greater understanding and support for all people with learning disabilities by training other educators, supporting families and enlightening the community through workshops led by nationally-recognized experts in the field.
Through the Forever Grateful Campaign, we will be able to reach a greater number of children in underserved communities by giving their teachers access to training and resources they will be able to implement in their own schools.
Your support will help fund the following:
EDUCATIONAL SPEAKER SERIES
- Each year, Churchill invites parents, professionals and the community to learn from speakers in the field of learning disabilities, free of charge. Funding will allow us to expand this program to double the amount of speakers per year.
WILSON READING SYSTEM® TEACHER TRAINING
- Funding will enable Churchill to send Wilson Reading System® (WRS) Trainers to traditional schools to work directly with teachers and students, sharing our knowledge and expertise with hundreds and eventually thousands of children.
WILSON FUNDATIONS® TEACHER TRAINING
- Fundations® is a prevention and early intervention program for pre-K to third grade students providing critical, research-based strategies for reading, spelling and handwriting. Campaign funding will enable Churchill WRS Trainers to provide Fundations facilitator training at area schools.
SCHOLARSHIP ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
EMPOWERING STUDENTS WITH THE STRATEGIES AND CONFIDENCE TO FLOURISH, NO MATTER HOW THEY LEARN.
Over the years, scholarship funding has been essential in strengthening our mission to foster greater support for all people with learning disabilities.
- Support families with the greatest need for day school, summer school and/or tutoring costs
- Increase the amount of aid Churchill currently gives per year by 35%
- Broaden our reach and flexibility for assisting families with financial struggles
SUPPORT THE FOREVER GRATEFUL ENDOWMENT CAMPAIGN!