Wilson Reading System® 4th Edition Introductory Course
WILSON READING SYSTEM® 4TH EDITION INTRODUCTORY COURSE
• Wednesday, June 8, 2022
• Thursday, June 9, 2022
• Friday, June 10, 2022
8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. each day
Churchill Center & School
1021 Municipal Center Drive
Town & Country, MO 63131
PRESENTED BY: Sandra K. Gilligan School Partnerships & Outreach Program
The Wilson Reading System® (WRS) is a comprehensive remedial program for students grades 2-12 and adults needing intensive intervention. This 16.5 hour introductory workshop provides hands-on practice and application of skills with the WRS Lesson Plan to effectively begin implementing the program. It serves as the prerequisite to WRS Level 1 certification.
Workshop topics include:
• Reading research
• Principles of language structure
• How WRS addresses the five areas of reading
• Definition of dyslexia and common characteristics
• WRS principles of instruction
• Program implementation
• Student placement, progress monitoring and scheduling
• Creating a successful classroom environment
• Preparing a 10-part lesson plan and practicing lesson procedures
$675.00 per person (lunch not included/on your own)
* Full attendance for all three days is required to gain completion status.*
Materials are not included. All materials can be purchased directly from Wilson Language Training®.
SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE!**
Please call Sandra K. Gilligan School Partnerships & Outreach Program Director Mary Brotherton to inquire if you or your school qualifies before registering at 314-997-4343, x260.
** Scholarships are sponsored by the Steve and Ginny Orthwein Family Fund.