Community Service Events
We offer various events to many different constituencies in the St. Louis community who need or want more information related to learning disabilities.
Our annual College Opportunities Fair for LD/ADHD connects area high school students and their families with college and university personnel who address their specific questions as they journey through the collegiate process.
Wilson® Parent Workshops are offered four times a year for interested parents, educators, or community members who would like to learn more about the research behind the Wilson® program and why it works. Experience Dyslexia®: A Learning Disabilities Simulation created by the Northern California Branch of the International Dyslexia Association allows participants to truly experience what dyslexia is and how it makes you feel.
As they become available, movies are screened on the topics of learning disabilities and dyslexia. The annual American Iris Society Show sponsored by the Kirkwood Iris Society is held in May. Participation is open to our Churchill Center & School students as well as the local community.
For more information on Churchill’s Community Service Events, check out our upcoming events below or email Mary Brotherton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reviews from Community Service Attendees
- “I found the event to be very helpful. We found several new college options, plus a lot of helpful general information. I think this is an outstanding community service for the school to provide.”
– College Opportunities Fair Parent Attendee
- “I love the fact that all the activities were hands on. They made me realize how challenging school can be for these children.”
– Experience Dyslexia® Participant
- “I felt the frustration my students must feel.”
– Experience Dyslexia® Teacher Participant
Sign up to receive email updates for upcoming events
You are invited to attend our annual College Opportunities Fair! This event is open to all area high school students and their families.
The Fair is a chance for colleges to showcase their programs and services available for LD and ADHD students, and to give students a chance to explore their options in a small, more intimate setting.
Representatives will be available in individual rooms so families can visit at their own pace. Reps will speak on their school's featured services, admissions criteria, what makes them unique and will also answer any questions you may have.
Come whenever you want that evening and stay for as long as you need!
*** The following schools have committed to attending this important event. Please check back for further school updates as the date gets closer. ***
• Drury University- Springfield
• Fontbonne University
• Missouri State University
• Murray State University (Churchill Alumna Ashlyn Huey '13 is Murray's School Ambassador!)
• OPTIONS Transitions to Independence - Carbondale
• Southeast Missouri State University - Cape Girardeau
• Southern Illinois University - Carbondale
• Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
• St. Louis Community College - Meramec
• University of Central Missouri - Warrensburg, MO
• University of Missouri - Columbia
• Westminster College - Fulton