Each year, Churchill Center & School invites parents, professionals, and the community to learn from nationally recognized speakers in the field of learning disabilities, child development, and learning.
Speakers are the most prominent professionals in their field, and have shared their insights and methods with students, alumni, parents, educators, and other local community members.
Past Speakers Include:
- Drs. Bennett and Sally Shaywitz, The Yale Center for Dyslexia & Creativity
- Rick Lavoie, Learning Consultant
- Dr. Jerome Schultz, Anxiety Disorders Expert
- Dr. Michael Thompson, Author and Psychologist Specializing in Children and Families
- Ben Foss, Author and Founder of Headstrong Nation
- Barbara Wilson, Co-founder of Wilson Language Training®
For more information on Churchill’s Speaker Series, check out our upcoming events below or email Mary Brotherton at email@example.com.
Reviews from Speaker Series Attendees:
- “Rick’s amazing stories that keep you learning were so beneficial!”
– Speaker Series Attendee: Rick Lavoie, Educator Session
- “Benefitted from expanding my knowledge on different tools and techniques to help my child learn.”
– Speaker Series Attendee: Barbara Wilson, Parent Session
- “Ben was great about explaining how to let go of the ‘dyslexic’ hang-ups.”
– Speaker Series Attendee: Ben Foss, General Session
- “We have so many kids who have anxiety and now I feel more knowledgeable in how to help them.”
– Speaker Series Attendee: Jerome Schultz, PhD., Educator Session
Sign up to receive email updates for upcoming events
Join the Kansas-Missouri Branch of the International Dyslexia Association (KS-MO IDA) and Churchill Center & School in a night of inspiration and hope at this FREE screening of "Normal Isn't Real: Succeeding with Learning Disabilities and ADHD."
This inspiring film features the stories of four young adults with LD/ADHD sharing their journeys to success in work and school, and the strategies they use to manage their challenges.
The screening with be followed by a panel discussion!
FREE AND OPEN TO ALL!
Sponsored by: Kansas-Missouri Branch of the International Dyslexia Association (KS-MO IDA) and Churchill Center & School.