Each year, Churchill Center & School invites parents, professionals, and the community to learn from nationally recognized speakers in the field of learning disabilities, child development, and learning.
Speakers are the most prominent professionals in their field, and have shared their insights and methods with students, alumni, parents, educators, and other local community members.
Past Speakers Include:
- Dr. Jared Cooney Horvath, Neuroscientist, Educator and Author
- Drs. Bennett and Sally Shaywitz, The Yale Center for Dyslexia & Creativity
- Rick Lavoie, Learning Consultant
- Dr. Jerome Schultz, Anxiety Disorders Expert
- Dr. Michael Thompson, Author and Psychologist Specializing in Children and Families
- Ben Foss, Author and Founder of Headstrong Nation
- Barbara Wilson, Author and Co-Founder of Wilson Language Training®
For more information on Churchill’s Speaker Series, check out our upcoming events below or email Rachel Wheatley at email@example.com.
Reviews from Speaker Series Attendees:
- “Rick’s amazing stories that keep you learning were so beneficial!”
– Speaker Series Attendee: Rick Lavoie, Educator Session
- “Benefitted from expanding my knowledge on different tools and techniques to help my child learn.”
– Speaker Series Attendee: Barbara Wilson, Parent Session
- “Ben was great about explaining how to let go of the ‘dyslexic’ hang-ups.”
– Speaker Series Attendee: Ben Foss, General Session
- “We have so many kids who have anxiety and now I feel more knowledgeable in how to help them.”
– Speaker Series Attendee: Jerome Schultz, PhD., Educator Session
- Ms. Jessica Minahan’s workshop on “Practical Strategies for Reducing Anxiety or Oppositional Behavior” was the most helpful seminar I have attended in recent history. The strategies she presented were practical and Ms. Minahan was knowledgeable and engaging. Thank you for providing such a quality professional development.”
– Speaker Series Attendee: Judy Niehaus, Clinical Therapist