Outreach & Workshops
Churchill Center & School’s Outreach Program is essential in strengthening our mission of fostering greater understanding and support for all people with learning disabilities by training other educators, supporting families, and enlightening the community.
Since the inception of our Community Outreach Program in 1990, more than 31,000 educators, parents, students, and other supporters have been given the opportunity to experience and broaden their understanding of learning disabilities.
We offer Teacher Workshops, Parent Workshops, Student Workshops, Community Service Events, and a Speaker Series. Each one of these programs offers our community a variety of services to recognize learning disabilities and to then equip the participants with strategies and knowledge to offer further assistance.
Reviews from Outreach Program Attendees:
- “What a great role model Churchill Center & School is for our community.”
– Educational Program Director
- “Please accept my gratitude for your willingness to come and speak with our staff. There’s a lot of exciting things happening with study skills — a daily “organizational tip of the day,” teachers actively teaching study skills, and many more ideas brewing.”
– Middle School Director
- “You had a positive impact on me when you presented at our school, and I am still using your references.”
– High School Principal
- “Faculty members found the topics to be pertinent and directed to their needs and concerns.”
– Learning Consultant
- “The speakers were fascinating and I am avidly reading their book, Overcoming Dyslexia. I am very impressed with the knowledge base of the teachers at Churchill as well as their dedication and professionalism!”
– St. Louis Area Psychologist
- “Both presenters were terrific and all in attendance left with a wealth of knowledge and enthusiasm to begin a new school year.”
– Elementary Principal
Sign up to receive email updates for upcoming events
Wilson Reading System® Workshop for Parents (via Zoom) - April 2021
DATE: Tuesday, April 6, 2021
TIME: 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED:
- Brain basics
- Why Wilson Works: Ten Critical Points
- What does this mean for my child?
RSVP FOR RESERVATION: Outreach Director Mary Brotherton at firstname.lastname@example.org
••• Include in your email the following information: ***
• Name of who you are registering
• Which session you would like to attend
• Email address you would like the Zoom link sent to for attendance
REGISTER NOW! Each session is limited to only 16 attendees.
A Zoom link will be sent to registered attendees the day before the workshop.