Churchill Center & School has developed several student workshops for local schools’ Abilities Awareness/Discovering Abilities Days.
These workshops help all students understand the struggles of the learning disabled student, along with adding to their background knowledge and vocabulary relating to learning disabilities. These workshops are appropriate for kindergarten through sixth grade classes of all sizes.
To schedule a Student Workshop for your school, contact Mary Brotherton at email@example.com.
Reviews from Student Workshop Attendees:
- “Thank you for speaking to my class about dyslexia! Afterwards, my students shared very insightful reflections on the experience. They felt they had a much better understanding and empathy for those with dyslexia. Churchill provided an exceptional service!”
– Instructor, Discovering Abilities Day, Local Higher Education School
- “I think the kids now have a better understanding about learning disabilities. I think all the kids enjoyed the hands-on activities.”
– Parent Coordinator, Discovering Abilities Day, Local Elementary School
- “Wow!! Great visuals and interactive elements. Loved the idea of redefining ‘fair’ for our students.”
– Classroom Teacher, Discovering Abilities Day, Local Elementary School