Teacher Professional Development Workshops
Since 1990, countless schools have relied on Churchill to provide their teachers with in-depth learning disability education training.
Workshop participants will practice research-based classroom techniques and leave with new strategies for teaching all kinds of learners.
For more information on Churchill’s Teacher Professional Development Workshops, check out our upcoming events below. To request a free workshop at your school, email Mary Brotherton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reviews from Teacher Professional Development Workshop Attendees
- “I benefitted from using positive language with parents about their ADHD child.”
– Teacher Workshop Attendee: ADHD Strategies
- “I learned different ways to help students understand math.”
– Teacher Workshop Attendee: Math Computation Strategies for Struggling Students
- “Experiencing the child’s perspective during each simulation was very eye opening.”
– Teacher Workshop Attendee: Simulations & Adaptations of LD & ADHD
- “Presenters were very knowledgeable and made the workshop very fun.”
– Teacher Workshop Attendee: Reading Strategies for LD/Dyslexic Students
Sign up to receive email updates for upcoming events
WRS® INTRODUCTORY WORKSHOP:
November 14 - 16, 2018 from 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. each day
The Wilson Reading System® is a comprehensive remedial program for students in grades 2-12 and adults needing intensive intervention. This 16.5 hour introductory workshop provides hands-on practice and application of skills with the WRS Lesson Plan to effectively begin implementing the program.
Workshop topics will include:
• Reading research
• Principles of language structur
• How the WRS addresses the five areas of reading
• Program implementation
• Student placement, progress monitoring and scheduling
• Creating a successful classroom environment
• Writing lesson plans and practicing lesson procedures
$650 per participant without lunch (bring your own lunch) OR
$680 per participant with lunch provided each day
This workshop provides an introduction to the newest Wilson Reading System® 4th Edition and is a prerequisite for all other Wilson training.
Materials are not included. All materials can be purchased directly from Wilson Language Training®.
To register with a PO, please contact Mary Brotherton at email@example.com.