Teacher Professional Development Workshops
Since 1990, countless schools have relied on Churchill to provide their teachers with in-depth learning disability education training.
Workshop participants will practice research-based classroom techniques and leave with new strategies for teaching all kinds of learners.
For more information on Churchill’s Teacher Professional Development Workshops, check out our upcoming events below. To request a free workshop at your school, email Mary Brotherton at email@example.com.
Reviews from Teacher Professional Development Workshop Attendees
- “I benefitted from using positive language with parents about their ADHD child.”
– Teacher Workshop Attendee: ADHD Strategies
- “I learned different ways to help students understand math.”
– Teacher Workshop Attendee: Math Computation Strategies for Struggling Students
- “Experiencing the child’s perspective during each simulation was very eye opening.”
– Teacher Workshop Attendee: Simulations & Adaptations of LD & ADHD
- “Presenters were very knowledgeable and made the workshop very fun.”
– Teacher Workshop Attendee: Reading Strategies for LD/Dyslexic Students
Sign up to receive email updates for upcoming events
FUNDATIONS® LEVEL 1 COURSE
WHEN: Friday, December 16, 2022
TIME: 8:00 AM - 2:30 PM
WHERE: Churchill Center & School at 1021 Municipal Center Drive | Saint Louis, MO 63131
COST: $300.00 per participant (lunch on your own)
Churchill Center & School's Sandra K. Gilligan School Partnerships & Outreach Program is offering this one day course.
Fundations® provides a research-based supplement (Tier 1) and intervention (Tier 2) program for students in grades kindergarten through third grade. Each workshop addresses a specific level (K, 1, 2).
This Fundations Level 1 Workshop will provide a practical, how-to-overview of the Fundations program. Each workshop prepares teachers beginning to use the program and is also appropriate for reading support personnel.
Workshop Topics To Include:
• Underlying principles of Fundations
• How the Fundations daily lesson plan and activities addresses the five areas of reading, teaching the principles of language structure and incorporating direct, multi-sensory methods
• Practical guidelines for implementation
• Writing lesson plans and practicing lesson activities for this Fundations level
• Workshop manual is included, but other materials will not be included
• Materials may be purchased at www.wilsonlanguage.com
• A full kit will be available to preview at the workshop