Ways to Give
ANNUAL FUND FOREVER GRATEFUL ENDOWMENT CAMPAIGN
TRIBUTES/MEMORIALS SCHOLARSHIP MATCHING GIFTS GIVING LEVELS PLANNED GIVING GIFTS OF STOCK/SECURITIES ENDOWMENT BRICK PROGRAM
What is Annual Fund?
The Annual Fund bridges the gap between tuition and the full cost of education per student. Tuition alone does not cover the cost of a Churchill Center & School education. Your tax-deductible, unrestricted gifts provide a direct and immediate impact, keeping Churchill Center & School one of the top educational institutions for learning disabilities in the country and a national leader for educators, administrators and schools in the field.
How will my gift make a difference?
Annual Fund participation at any level ensures Churchill Center & School will continue to provide excellence in our facility, curriculum, academic resources and technology so that each Churchill student receives the best educational experience to help him/ her thrive in and out of the classroom.
- Our transformative academic program and highly individualized curriculum
- Recruitment and retention of distinguished and specialized faculty
- Enhancing and sustaining innovative technology
- Creative growth through Visual & Performing Arts and Athletics
- Educational outreach programs throughout the community for educators, parents and students
Forever Grateful Endowment Campaign
What is Churchill’s Forever Grateful Endowment Campaign?
“Forever Grateful” is a phrase we hear often from alumni, parents and families whose lives have been transformed by the Churchill experience. This Campaign has one simple goal: to make the proven methods and resources of a Churchill education accessible to more children and families in underserved communities throughout the region by expanding scholarship assistance and our Community Outreach Program.
How will my gift make a difference?
By growing Churchill’s endowment, we will expand our available resources to make a difference in underserved communities and help a greater number of children and families.
- The endowment is Churchill’s financial foundation. By preserving and growing our endowment, we help guarantee Churchill’s long-term fiscal health to fulfill our mission.
- Endowment gifts are permanently restricted – the principal cannot be spent. Each year, a portion of the interest accrued from the principal is is distributed to support the fund’s purpose.
- An endowment fund builds and provides support for its designated purpose in perpetuity. When you establish an endowment fund, you create a permanent legacy of support for Churchill.
- The Forever Grateful Endowment Campaign will make Churchill’s proven educational programs and resources accessible to more children and families throughout the region!
SCHOLARSHIP ASSISTANCE PROGRAM:
By growing our scholarship endowment, we will broaden our reach and flexibility for assisting more families with financial struggles.
SANDRA K. GILLIGAN SCHOOL PARTNERSHIPS & OUTREACH PROGRAM:
We will be able to reach a greater number of children in underserved communities by giving their teachers access to training and resources they will be able to implement in their own schools.
Tribute gifts provide a way for parents, grandparents, and friends to honor someone on a special occasion or as a memorial to a loved one. If you wish to make such a gift in memory of or in honor of a friend (graduation, new baby, birthday, new job, promotion, anniversary, etc.) you may secure a Tribute Fund envelope from the Development Office.
A letter is sent to the person or family being honored indicating that the gift has been received. The donor also receives a confirmation for use at tax preparation time.
Gifts of Scholarship help make a Churchill education accessible to any child who is academically eligible and accepted. Churchill continues to work to ensure no student is turned away because of their inability to afford tuition.
Scholarship aid continues to be a growing need for our Churchill families. In the 2016-2017 school year, scholarship monies awarded grew by 18% over the 2015-2016 total amount given.
Gifts to the General Scholarship Fund can be made at anytime throughout the year.
The following fundraisers’ proceeds are designated to our Scholarship Fund:
- Almond Fall Fundraiser
- Alumni-sponsored Sip & Savor Event
- Biennial Churchill Center & School Dinner & Auction
- Biennial Churchill Center & School Golf Tournament, In Memory of Edwin L. Noel
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match charitable contributions made by their employees. Contact your Human Resources Office for eligibility requirements and to obtain a Matching Gift form.
Planned Gifts are gifts to Churchill, which are generally realized at the death of the donor or a member of the donor’s family. Many planned giving vehicles generate a guaranteed income stream from the donor during the course of his/her lifetime and/or the lifetime of a family member. Planned gifts are also an excellent way to minimize one’s tax burden. You should, of course, check with your own legal or financial advisor for the benefits and cost to you and your family.
Examples of planned gifts include:
- Bequest: This can be done quite simply in your will. It is appropriate to state: “I hereby give the sum of $_______ to Churchill Center & School. A variation may be to provide a bequest measured in a percentage of the estate. For example: “I hereby give five percent of my gross estate to Churchill Center & School.”
- Charitable Remainder Trust: Sometimes called a Unitrust or an Annuity Trust, this trust provides income for you, your spouse, your children, or any other beneficiary, and significant tax incentives.
- Charitable Lead Trust: Churchill Center & School may use the income from this trust for a specific number of years and then the principal is returned to the donor or another beneficiary.
- Gift of Life Insurance
- Gift of Pension or Retirement Plan
Gifts of Stock/Securities
For the past several years, Churchill has benefited greatly from the generosity of many parents, alumni and friends who have provided support through gifts of appreciated stocks. If you have not already contributed to the Annual Fund, and if a charitable gift fits with your overall goals, we invite you to consider an outright gift of appreciated securities, which provides many advantages to you, the donor.
For tax benefits before year-end please note a gift of appreciated securities must be in the possession of Churchill on or before December 31st. Please contact the Development Office regarding your stock gift or if you have any questions pertaining to the transfer of your stock. This will assist the School in identifying and recognizing your gift in a timely manner.
Capital Giving remains crucial to the future of Churchill. Capital gifts have enabled us to create our new campus: build, furnish and equip our new facility and plant our trees and gardens.
Endowment Funds enable the Center & School to weather unpredictable financial conditions. Endowment provides steady income in the future and allows Churchill to augment the operating budget. It also allows us to maintain the quality of our faculty and programs, ensure our financial aid offerings and continue to be a School of Excellence. The most common way of giving to the Endowment is through planned giving.
Become a part of Churchill’s history in a lasting way through the purchase of a personalized engraved brick.