Wilson® Accredited Professional Learning
As a Wilson® Accredited Partner, Churchill has been reviewed by Wilson Language Training® (WLT) and meets their standards of excellence in the delivery of their programs.
Our five Wilson® Credentialed Trainers deliver valuable professional learning to Churchill faculty and educators from schools in the St. Louis region and beyond. Wilson Reading System® is an intensive, multisensory program for students who have been unable to learn to read and spell with other teaching strategies.
For more information on WLT workshops/courses, check out Churchill’s upcoming events below or email Rachel Wheatley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reviews from Workshop/Course Attendees
- “I benefitted from the expertise of the presenters. I can take the information back to my classroom.”
- “I learned new strategies for working with struggling learners.”
- “Energetic presenters. I could tell they loved what they do.”
- “Useful information that can be used right away.”
- “I loved the positivity in the workshop!”
Sign up to receive email updates for upcoming events
FUNDATIONS® LEVEL K COURSE
WHEN: Monday, December 4, 2023
TIME: 8:30 AM - 3:00 PM
(Lunch on your own)
Churchill Center & School
1021 Municipal Center Dr.
St. Louis, MO 63131
COST: $320 per registrant
A STRUCTURED LITERACY APPROACH GROUNDED IN THE SCIENCE OF READING
Fundations Level 1 builds on the skills and concepts that are taught in Level K.
Upon the completion of the course, participants will be able to-
• Identify the skills taught in Fundations: phonics and word study, vocabulary, high frequency/trick words, fluency, comprehension strategies, handwriting, spelling, and punctuation.
• Understand the principles of instruction: explicit, sequential, and cumulative instruction that engages multiple learning modalities with multisensory instruction, repetition, and immediate, specific feedback.
• Identify and understand the use for all materials in the Fundations Teacher’s Kit, and have a sense of how to find and use the many extended resources available on the Prevention/Early Intervention Learning Community for Fundations (membership included with participation in this workshop).
• Use the Teacher’s Manual to prepare a daily learning plan and practice lesson activity procedures.
• Visualize the flow and pace of a full Fundations lesson completed with fidelity.
Fundations® utilizes a structured literacy approach grounded in the science of reading to make learning to read fun while laying the groundwork for lifelong literacy. The program’s research-based approach and extensive materials allow K–3 teachers to confidently present a carefully structured reading, spelling, and handwriting curriculum using engaging, multisensory techniques. Fundations is aligned with the science of reading and guides teachers to provide effective instructional practices.