Outreach & Workshops
Churchill Center & School’s Sandra K. Gilligan School Partnerships & Outreach Program is essential in strengthening our mission of fostering greater understanding and support for all people with learning disabilities by training other educators, supporting families, and enlightening the community.
Since the inception of our Community Outreach Program in 1990, more than 37,500 educators, parents, students, and other supporters have been given the opportunity to experience and broaden their understanding of learning disabilities.
We offer Teacher Workshops, Parent Workshops, Student Workshops, Community Service Events, and a Speaker Series. Each one of these programs offers our community a variety of services to recognize learning disabilities and to then equip the participants with strategies and knowledge to offer further assistance.
Reviews from Outreach Program Attendees:
- “What a great role model Churchill Center & School is for our community.”
– Educational Program Director
- “Please accept my gratitude for your willingness to come and speak with our staff. There’s a lot of exciting things happening with study skills — a daily “organizational tip of the day,” teachers actively teaching study skills, and many more ideas brewing.”
– Middle School Director
- “You had a positive impact on me when you presented at our school, and I am still using your references.”
– High School Principal
- “Faculty members found the topics to be pertinent and directed to their needs and concerns.”
– Learning Consultant
- “The speakers were fascinating and I am avidly reading their book, Overcoming Dyslexia. I am very impressed with the knowledge base of the teachers at Churchill as well as their dedication and professionalism!”
– St. Louis Area Psychologist
- “Both presenters were terrific and all in attendance left with a wealth of knowledge and enthusiasm to begin a new school year.”
– Elementary Principal
Sign up to receive email updates for upcoming events
15TH ANNUAL COLLEGE OPPORTUNITIES FAIR:
Monday, February 24, 2020 from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
You are invited to attend Churchill Center & School's Annual College Opportunities Fair! This event is open to ALL area high school students and their families.
The fair is for colleges to showcase their programs and services available for LD and ADHD students, and to give students a chance to explore their options in a smaller, more intimate setting.
School representatives will be available in individual rooms so families can visit at their own pace. Reps will be available to speak about their school's featured services, admission criteria, what makes them unique, to answer questions and more.
Come whenever you want and stay as long as you need!
*** Sometimes the larger college fair atmosphere can be overwhelming and it is hard to know what questions to ask - especially about learning disability services. Our event allows for better communication between schools and prospective students. ***
Walk-ins welcome. RSVPs are preferred.
Below is the list of current schools attending Churchill Center & School's 15th Annual College Opportunities Fair. Additional schools will be added. Check back for updates!
• Eastern Illinois University - Charleston, IL
• Fontbonne University - St. Louis, MO
• Lindenwood University - St. Charles, MO
• Missouri State - Springfield, IL
• Murray State - Murray, KY
• OPTIONS Transitions to Independence - Carbondale, IL
• St. Louis Community College - Meramec - St. Louis, MO
• Southeast Missouri State - Cape Girardeau, MO
• Southern Illinois University - Carbondale, IL
• University of Central Missouri - Warrensburg, MO
• University of Missouri - Columbia, MO
• University of the Ozarks - Jones Learning Center - Clarksville, AR
• Westminster College - Fulton, MO