Outreach & Workshops
Churchill Center & School’s Sandra K. Gilligan School Partnerships & Outreach Program is essential in strengthening our mission of fostering greater understanding and support for all people with learning disabilities by training other educators, supporting families, and enlightening the community.
Since the inception of our Community Outreach Program in 1990, more than 37,500 educators, parents, students, and other supporters have been given the opportunity to experience and broaden their understanding of learning disabilities.
We offer Teacher Workshops, Parent Workshops, Student Workshops, Community Service Events, and a Speaker Series. Each one of these programs offers our community a variety of services to recognize learning disabilities and to then equip the participants with strategies and knowledge to offer further assistance.
Reviews from Outreach Program Attendees:
- “What a great role model Churchill Center & School is for our community.”
– Educational Program Director
- “Please accept my gratitude for your willingness to come and speak with our staff. There’s a lot of exciting things happening with study skills — a daily “organizational tip of the day,” teachers actively teaching study skills, and many more ideas brewing.”
– Middle School Director
- “You had a positive impact on me when you presented at our school, and I am still using your references.”
– High School Principal
- “Faculty members found the topics to be pertinent and directed to their needs and concerns.”
– Learning Consultant
- “The speakers were fascinating and I am avidly reading their book, Overcoming Dyslexia. I am very impressed with the knowledge base of the teachers at Churchill as well as their dedication and professionalism!”
– St. Louis Area Psychologist
- “Both presenters were terrific and all in attendance left with a wealth of knowledge and enthusiasm to begin a new school year.”
– Elementary Principal
Sign up to receive email updates for upcoming events
Join us to help support the Churchill Center & School Scholarship Fund by participating in the 2nd Biennial Run With Rankin!
Our long-standing tradition of students running the mile in Motor Skills class was started by Mr. Brad Rankin over 30 years ago and allows our students to focus their attention on running and working towards a goal, which is something that carries with them throughout their time at Churchill and beyond. Many of our alumni include running the mile as one of their favorite Churchill memories!
This race brings together our entire Churchill community - students, parents, faculty, alumni and friends! Each runner (or walker) helps us raise critical support for our Scholarship Fund, which provides meaningful financial assistance to students with learning disabilities seeking a Churchill education. Your participation in this event will make a profound difference in our school community.
1-MILE RACE (IN-PERSON)
Wednesday, August 25, 2021
Churchill's Valentine Field
5:00 PM | Registration opens and food trucks available
5:30 PM | Race begins
7:30 PM | Winners announced
1-MILE OR 5K RACE (VIRTUAL)
Wednesday, August 18 - Tuesday, August 24, 2021
Anywhere and anytime in the world
For further information, please contact Steph Slonka in the Development Office at 314-997-4343 or firstname.lastname@example.org.