Outreach & Workshops
Churchill Center & School’s Sandra K. Gilligan School Partnerships & Outreach Program is essential in strengthening our mission of fostering greater understanding and support for all people with learning disabilities by training other educators, supporting families, and enlightening the community.
Since the inception of our Community Outreach Program in 1990, more than 37,500 educators, parents, students, and other supporters have been given the opportunity to experience and broaden their understanding of learning disabilities.
We offer Teacher Workshops, Parent Workshops, Student Workshops, Community Service Events, and a Speaker Series. Each one of these programs offers our community a variety of services to recognize learning disabilities and to then equip the participants with strategies and knowledge to offer further assistance.
Reviews from Outreach Program Attendees:
- “What a great role model Churchill Center & School is for our community.”
– Educational Program Director
- “Please accept my gratitude for your willingness to come and speak with our staff. There’s a lot of exciting things happening with study skills — a daily “organizational tip of the day,” teachers actively teaching study skills, and many more ideas brewing.”
– Middle School Director
- “You had a positive impact on me when you presented at our school, and I am still using your references.”
– High School Principal
- “Faculty members found the topics to be pertinent and directed to their needs and concerns.”
– Learning Consultant
- “The speakers were fascinating and I am avidly reading their book, Overcoming Dyslexia. I am very impressed with the knowledge base of the teachers at Churchill as well as their dedication and professionalism!”
– St. Louis Area Psychologist
- “Both presenters were terrific and all in attendance left with a wealth of knowledge and enthusiasm to begin a new school year.”
– Elementary Principal
Sign up to receive email updates for upcoming events
As of 9/26/19, this workshop has been opened up for 120 participants to attend. Availability will go fast so please RESERVE YOUR SPOT NOW! Contact Mary Brotherton at email@example.com to attend this unique event!
Experience Dyslexia®: A Learning Disabilities Simulation
October is National Dyslexia Awareness month. Join us at Churchill Center & School for a series of simulations designed to increase awareness of the difficulties and frustrations that people with dyslexia (a specific language learning disability) encounter daily.
You will rotate through six stations that simulate various language-related tasks similar to those encountered in the classroom and workplace.
We hope this experience will provide insight into working more effectively with students with dyslexia and lead to greater empathy and understanding.
THIS SESSION IS LIMITED TO 60 PARTICIPANTS SO RESERVE YOUR SPOT NOW!
(Participants must be 18 or older).