Outreach & Workshops
Churchill Center & School’s Sandra K. Gilligan School Partnerships & Outreach Program is essential in strengthening our mission of fostering greater understanding and support for all people with learning disabilities by training other educators, supporting families, and enlightening the community.
Since the inception of our Community Outreach Program in 1990, more than 37,500 educators, parents, students, and other supporters have been given the opportunity to experience and broaden their understanding of learning disabilities.
We offer Teacher Workshops, Parent Workshops, Student Workshops, Community Service Events, and a Speaker Series. Each one of these programs offers our community a variety of services to recognize learning disabilities and to then equip the participants with strategies and knowledge to offer further assistance.
Reviews from Outreach Program Attendees:
- “What a great role model Churchill Center & School is for our community.”
– Educational Program Director
- “Please accept my gratitude for your willingness to come and speak with our staff. There’s a lot of exciting things happening with study skills — a daily “organizational tip of the day,” teachers actively teaching study skills, and many more ideas brewing.”
– Middle School Director
- “You had a positive impact on me when you presented at our school, and I am still using your references.”
– High School Principal
- “Faculty members found the topics to be pertinent and directed to their needs and concerns.”
– Learning Consultant
- “The speakers were fascinating and I am avidly reading their book, Overcoming Dyslexia. I am very impressed with the knowledge base of the teachers at Churchill as well as their dedication and professionalism!”
– St. Louis Area Psychologist
- “Both presenters were terrific and all in attendance left with a wealth of knowledge and enthusiasm to begin a new school year.”
– Elementary Principal
Sign up to receive email updates for upcoming events
FUNDATIONS® LEVEL K COURSE
WHEN: Friday, June 23, 2023
TIME: 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
WHERE: Churchill Center & School
1021 Municipal Center Drive | Saint Louis, MO 63131
PRESENTED BY: Churchill's Sandra K. Gilligan School Partnerships & Outreach Program
WHAT: Fundations provides a research-based supplement (Tier 1) and intervention (Tier 2) program for students in kindergarten through third grade. Each workshop addresses a specific level (K, 1, 2). The Fundations Level K Workshop provides a practical, how-to-overview of the Fundations program. Each workshop prepares teachers beginning to use the program and is also appropriate for reading support personnel.
• Underlying principles of Fundations
• How the Fundations daily lesson plan and activities address the five areas of reading, teach the principles of language structure, and incorporate direct, multisensory methods
• Practical guidelines for implementation
• Participants write lesson plans and practice lesson activities for this Fundations level
COST: $300.00 per person (lunch on your own)
• Workshop manual is included, but other materials are not included
• Materials may be purchased at Wilson Language Training® (www.wilsonlanguage.com)
• A full kit will be available to preview at the workshop
Please contact Mary Brotherton, Director of Sandra K. Gilligan School Partnerships & Outreach, at email@example.com.
Churchill does accept registration with purchase orders. Please follow the instructions on the registration page.
Refunds for cancellations will only be issued if cancelled seat can be filled, less a $50.00 processing fee.