Outreach & Workshops
Churchill Center & School’s Sandra K. Gilligan School Partnerships & Outreach Program is essential in strengthening our mission of fostering greater understanding and support for all people with learning disabilities by training other educators, supporting families, and enlightening the community.
Since the inception of our Community Outreach Program in 1990, more than 37,500 educators, parents, students, and other supporters have been given the opportunity to experience and broaden their understanding of learning disabilities.
We offer Teacher Workshops, Parent Workshops, Student Workshops, Community Service Events, and a Speaker Series. Each one of these programs offers our community a variety of services to recognize learning disabilities and to then equip the participants with strategies and knowledge to offer further assistance.
Reviews from Outreach Program Attendees:
- “What a great role model Churchill Center & School is for our community.”
– Educational Program Director
- “Please accept my gratitude for your willingness to come and speak with our staff. There’s a lot of exciting things happening with study skills — a daily “organizational tip of the day,” teachers actively teaching study skills, and many more ideas brewing.”
– Middle School Director
- “You had a positive impact on me when you presented at our school, and I am still using your references.”
– High School Principal
- “Faculty members found the topics to be pertinent and directed to their needs and concerns.”
– Learning Consultant
- “The speakers were fascinating and I am avidly reading their book, Overcoming Dyslexia. I am very impressed with the knowledge base of the teachers at Churchill as well as their dedication and professionalism!”
– St. Louis Area Psychologist
- “Both presenters were terrific and all in attendance left with a wealth of knowledge and enthusiasm to begin a new school year.”
– Elementary Principal
Sign up to receive email updates for upcoming events
JARED S. BLANK: SPEAKER | COACH | ATHLETE | DYSLEXIC | AUTHOR
"In January 2018, I ran the World Marathon Challenge - 7 marathons on 7 continents in 7 days!"
WHEN: Monday, May 2, 2022
TIME: 6:30 - 8:00 PM
WHERE: Churchill Center & School
PRESENTED BY: Churchill Center & School's Sandra K. Gilligan School Partnerships & Outreach Program
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED TO ATTEND THIS FREE EVENT. OPEN TO ALL!
Says Mr. Blank, "I started running in elementary school, and I've never really stopped. Running has been my safe space, my biggest challenge, and the arena in which I test myself. In 2018 I completed the longest run of my life: The World Marathon Challenge (7 marathons on 7 continents in 7 days). Running has helped me through school, in sports operations, fund-raising for the International Dyslexia Association, writing a book, coaching and ultimately connecting to the world."
Join us for an informal evening with Jared. Hear his story about growing up dyslexic, how running is an essential part of his life, and learn more about the World Marathon Challenge. Be inspired and encouraged by his passion and insight. It's an event not to be missed!
SPONSORED BY WILL CELLA FAMILY AND NED MARSHALL FAMILY FUND