Outreach & Workshops
Churchill Center & School’s Sandra K. Gilligan School Partnerships & Outreach Program is essential in strengthening our mission of fostering greater understanding and support for all people with learning disabilities by training other educators, supporting families, and enlightening the community.
Since the inception of our Community Outreach Program in 1990, more than 37,500 educators, parents, students, and other supporters have been given the opportunity to experience and broaden their understanding of learning disabilities.
We offer Teacher Workshops, Parent Workshops, Student Workshops, Community Service Events, and a Speaker Series. Each one of these programs offers our community a variety of services to recognize learning disabilities and to then equip the participants with strategies and knowledge to offer further assistance.
Reviews from Outreach Program Attendees:
- “What a great role model Churchill Center & School is for our community.”
– Educational Program Director
- “Please accept my gratitude for your willingness to come and speak with our staff. There’s a lot of exciting things happening with study skills — a daily “organizational tip of the day,” teachers actively teaching study skills, and many more ideas brewing.”
– Middle School Director
- “You had a positive impact on me when you presented at our school, and I am still using your references.”
– High School Principal
- “Faculty members found the topics to be pertinent and directed to their needs and concerns.”
– Learning Consultant
- “The speakers were fascinating and I am avidly reading their book, Overcoming Dyslexia. I am very impressed with the knowledge base of the teachers at Churchill as well as their dedication and professionalism!”
– St. Louis Area Psychologist
- “Both presenters were terrific and all in attendance left with a wealth of knowledge and enthusiasm to begin a new school year.”
– Elementary Principal
Sign up to receive email updates for upcoming events
Overview of Wilson Reading System® 4th Edition:
This is your chance to hear from one of Wilson Language Training's Senior Literacy Advisor/Literary Specialist, Connie Steigerwald, regarding "What's New in the Wilson Reading System® 4th Edition."
Connie Steigerwald received her Master's Degree in Special Education from North Carolina University and is a Certified Reading Specialist. Connie worked in both Durham Public Schools and Wake County Schools. She then worked at the NC Department of Public Instruction/Exceptional Children Division as a Literacy Consultant for the Central Region of NC. Connie is a frequent presenter of in-service programs to regular and special educators; she is a certified Wilson® Dyslexia Therapist and has been a Wilson® Certified Trainer since 2004. As the Director of Literacy Practices at Wilson Language Training, she also holds the position of Wilson Senior Literacy Advisor/Literacy Specialist. The focus of her work is working with the Education, Development and Fidelity teams at Wilson on the many WLT Professional Learning and District initiatives.
Appropriate for Wilson Certified Teachers or others who have taught the Wilson Reading System®.
Cost is $50.00 per person.
Contact Outreach Director, Mary Brotherton for questions and further information at 314-997-4343 or email@example.com.