Outreach & Workshops
Churchill Center & School’s Sandra K. Gilligan School Partnerships & Outreach Program is essential in strengthening our mission of fostering greater understanding and support for all people with learning disabilities by training other educators, supporting families, and enlightening the community.
Since the inception of our Community Outreach Program in 1990, more than 37,500 educators, parents, students, and other supporters have been given the opportunity to experience and broaden their understanding of learning disabilities.
We offer Teacher Workshops, Parent Workshops, Student Workshops, Community Service Events, and a Speaker Series. Each one of these programs offers our community a variety of services to recognize learning disabilities and to then equip the participants with strategies and knowledge to offer further assistance.
Reviews from Outreach Program Attendees:
- “What a great role model Churchill Center & School is for our community.”
– Educational Program Director
- “Please accept my gratitude for your willingness to come and speak with our staff. There’s a lot of exciting things happening with study skills — a daily “organizational tip of the day,” teachers actively teaching study skills, and many more ideas brewing.”
– Middle School Director
- “You had a positive impact on me when you presented at our school, and I am still using your references.”
– High School Principal
- “Faculty members found the topics to be pertinent and directed to their needs and concerns.”
– Learning Consultant
- “The speakers were fascinating and I am avidly reading their book, Overcoming Dyslexia. I am very impressed with the knowledge base of the teachers at Churchill as well as their dedication and professionalism!”
– St. Louis Area Psychologist
- “Both presenters were terrific and all in attendance left with a wealth of knowledge and enthusiasm to begin a new school year.”
– Elementary Principal
Sign up to receive email updates for upcoming events
WILSON READING SYSTEM® 4th EDITION INTRODUCTORY COURSE
WHEN: Monday, June 26, 2023 | Tuesday, June 27, 2023 | Wednesday, June 28, 2023
TIME: 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Each Day
WHERE: Churchill Center & School
1021 Municipal Center Drive | Town & Country, MO 63131
PRESENTED BY: Churchill's Sandra K. Gilligan School Partnerships & Outreach Program
WHAT: The Wilson Reading System® is a comprehensive remedial program for students in grades 2 - 12 and adults needing intensive intervention. This 16.5-hour introductory workshop provides hands-on practice and application of skills with the WRS Lesson Plan to effectively begin implementing the program. It serves as the prerequisite for WRS Level 1 Certification.
• Reading research
• Principles of language structure
• How WRS addresses the five areas of reading
• Definition of dyslexia and common characteristics
• WRS principles of instruction
• Program implementation
• Student placement, progress monitoring and scheduling
• Creating a successful classroom environment
Participants will prepare a 10-part lesson plan and practice lesson procedures.
COST: $675.00 per person (lunch on your own)
Materials are NOT included. All materials can be purchased directly from Wilson Language Training®.
* Full attendance for all three days is required to gain completion status. *
For questions or further information, please contact Mary Brotherton, Director of Sandra K. Gilligan
School Partnerships & Outreach, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Churchill does accept registration with purchase orders. Please follow the instructions on the registration page.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: Refunds for cancellations will only be issued if the cancelled seat can be filled, less a $50.00 processing fee. This applies to seats reserved with purchase orders.