Outreach & Workshops
Churchill Center & School’s Sandra K. Gilligan School Partnerships & Outreach Program is essential in strengthening our mission of fostering greater understanding and support for all people with learning disabilities by training other educators, supporting families, and enlightening the community.
Since the inception of our Community Outreach Program in 1990, more than 37,500 educators, parents, students, and other supporters have been given the opportunity to experience and broaden their understanding of learning disabilities.
We offer Teacher Workshops, Parent Workshops, Student Workshops, Community Service Events, and a Speaker Series. Each one of these programs offers our community a variety of services to recognize learning disabilities and to then equip the participants with strategies and knowledge to offer further assistance.
Reviews from Outreach Program Attendees:
- “What a great role model Churchill Center & School is for our community.”
– Educational Program Director
- “Please accept my gratitude for your willingness to come and speak with our staff. There’s a lot of exciting things happening with study skills — a daily “organizational tip of the day,” teachers actively teaching study skills, and many more ideas brewing.”
– Middle School Director
- “You had a positive impact on me when you presented at our school, and I am still using your references.”
– High School Principal
- “Faculty members found the topics to be pertinent and directed to their needs and concerns.”
– Learning Consultant
- “The speakers were fascinating and I am avidly reading their book, Overcoming Dyslexia. I am very impressed with the knowledge base of the teachers at Churchill as well as their dedication and professionalism!”
– St. Louis Area Psychologist
- “Both presenters were terrific and all in attendance left with a wealth of knowledge and enthusiasm to begin a new school year.”
– Elementary Principal
Sign up to receive email updates for upcoming events
WILSON READING SYSTEM® (WRS) ADVANCED STRATEGIES FOR MULTISENSORY STRUCTURED LANGUAGE GROUP INSTRUCTION COURSE
Wednesday, August 7, 2024
Thursday, August 8, 2024
Friday, August 9, 2024
TIME: Daily from 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
WHERE: Churchill Center & School
1021 Municipal Center Drive | Town & Country, MO 63131
COST: $700 per person (lunch on your own)
This three-day workshop provides strategies to improve all aspects of WRS group instruction through hands-on practice and discussion, and prepares participants for WRS Group Mastery Program.
PREREQUISITES: WRS Level 1 Certification, Bachelor's Degree in Education (or Related Field)
At the completion of the course, participants will be able to:
• Identify factors for successful WRS small-group instruction.
• Review the planning for and execution of WRS Lesson Blocks 1, 2, and 3 and differentiating instruction for maximum group success.
• Develop a word-conscious lesson.
• Understand the role of spelling in writing fluency.
• Determine how to ensure students successfully access complex text; both literary and informational text structures.
• Understand how to select the appropriate text and tasks for students in order to effectively plan for and deliver fluency and comprehension instruction.
CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: Any refunds for cancellations will only be issued if cancelled seat can be filled, less a $50 processing fee. This applies to all accepted payment forms.
As a Wilson Accredited Partner, Churchill has been reviewed by Wilson Language Training® (WLT) and meets their standards of excellence in the delivery of their program.